Records Management contact: Molly Schreiber, email@example.com
Records Management is the maintaining/archiving of historic and legal records for the School of Education. Particular documents are stored on the network/shared drive, some for a specific time period, under the appropriate committee, governance body, or department.
Note: SOE local retention schedules for certain documents will be listed here when available.
When complete, please attach the following documents to an email and send to the above support person.
- Department meeting agendas, minutes and attachments
- Governance meeting agendas, minutes and attachments
- Policies and procedures (department, school-wide, or committee)
- Accreditations and/or program reviews
- Academic misconduct materials
Note: Collection and retention of all above documents are mandated by the Wisconsin Public Records Board in accordance with state and federal law.
- A list of guidelines, laws, and policies can be found on the UWM Libraries Guidelines, Laws, and Policies webpage.
- An overview of the records responsibilities for UWM staff can be found on the UWM Libraries Records Responsibilities of UWM Staff webpage.
The following documents should be “stored” with a student’s academic record, which is retained for 8 years post graduation. These documents should be submitted to Academic Advising for filing. Contact an advisor for document format and submission instructions.
- Student Teacher Field Experience files
- Grievances (exam, course, or grade)
- Change of Grade forms, Copy of (if submitted in paper)
- Registration Change forms (Add/Drop), Copy of
Note: Collection and retention of all above documents are mandated by UW System and/or Wisconsin Open Records Law.
The following documents must be kept for the time specified by each instructor. After the retention period has passed, they may be destroyed.
- Instructional Materials (exams, course work, assignments): 1 year from end of semester submitted
- Grade books or lists: 2 years from end of semester submitted
- Email communications: Visit the UWM Libraries E-mail Management webpage for more information.
If you need assistance accessing a document in this list or have a question about the retention period of any document type, request via the person/email above.