Open Positions

• Postdoctoral Scholars

I am looking for a postdoctoral research associate with a focus on theory, computation, and data analysis. Here at UWM, we attempt to solve important biophysical problems by developing data-analytic machine-learning algorithms using experimental X-ray data. Research areas of interest include but are not limited to the structural dynamics as well as the function and mechanism of biological molecules using time-resolved X-ray data. The minimum qualifications are a doctoral degree in physics, biophysics, or related fields with a reasonable knowledge of computation and data analysis. If you are interested, please contact me by email and include your full CV and a statement describing your research experience and skills.

• Graduate Students

I continuously look for committed graduate students for their Ph.D. or M.Sc. degrees. The research projects include, but are not limited to, algorithm development, machine learning, and data analysis mostly in the areas of biophysics and structural biology. If you are willing to get involved in cutting-edge research and study in these exciting domains as well as related disciplines, please send me an email and include your CV and a description of any prior research experience. If you are not enrolled at UWM, you first need to apply through the Graduate School for an official admission. For more information, you can also contact the Graduate Program Coordinator of the Physics Department, Ms. Kate Valerius, via physgradadmissions-bounces@uwm.edu.

• Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate students are also welcome to join me for year-round/summer projects in computational physics and biophysics, machine learning, and data science. Please contact me if interested!