The ASL is always looking for talented new members at all levels with backgrounds in:
- Basic circuitry: analysis, bread-boarding, soldering
- Sensor design
- Micro & nano-fabrication
- Energy storage: design, creation, and analysis of systems
- Signal analysis: Using Oscilloscopes to collect data and MatLab for analysis
- Stress strain relations in 3 dimensions
- Mechanical failure
- Basic fluid dynamics
- Soft Skills:
- Computer literacy is a must. labmembers are expected to regularly use MatLAB and Microsoft Office
- Hands on experience actually making things is critical! Simulation alone is not sufficient.
Send CVs with a statement of purpose to Professor Salowitz. Be sure to highlight hand’s on experience making and testing real hardware.