Among Robert J. Beck’s published works are:
- Law and Disciplinarity: Thinking beyond Borders (editor and contributor, 2013)
- The International Law volume of the International Studies Encyclopedia (co-editor and contributor, 2010)
- International Law and the Rise of Nations (co-editor and contributor, 2001)
- International Rules (co-editor and contributor, 1996)
- International Law and the Use of Force (co-author, second edition forthcoming, 1993 first edition)
- The Grenada Invasion (author, 1993)
He has also published articles in such journals as International Security, Review of International Studies, International Studies Perspectives, The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs, International Journal of Refugee Law, and Virginia Journal of International Law, among other prominent venues.