Note to Researchers

For researchers interested in (1) following up on some of my writings (or doubling back) or (2) the general subject of governmental and nonprofit PR in the US, I have donated my files to relevant archival collections:

• Most of the research files I accumulated on government public relations and nonprofit/NGO public relations in the US are at the Public Relations History Archive in the Special Collections of the Library of Bournemouth University (UK). The materials consist of (1) general collections on those subjects in chronological order and (2) research notes for my writings on government and nonprofit PR (exclusive of those that are FDR-related, see below). Here is a link to the Finding Aid: Papers of Mordecai Lee (The formal title used for these donated materials embarrassingly conflates their importance.)
  • Research files for my historical writings relating to Franklin Roosevelt’s presidency (articles, books, and FDR-related portions of several other books) are at the Roosevelt Presidential Library in Hyde Park (NY). They are mostly arranged in chronological order and are mostly in hard-copy, with a few digitized and scanned. See: http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/archives/collections/franklin/index.php?p=collections/findingaid&id=213 (Note: At the time of this posting, the listing of my donations is a bit out of date, providing details only on the materials I collected for my 2005 book on the Office of Government Reports. Later donations of research files from subsequent publications were not yet listed.)
  • Research files for my 2006 book on the US Bureau of Efficiency (and its head, Herbert Brown) are at the Hoover Presidential Library in West Branch (IA).
  • Research materials for my 2008 book on governmental and nonprofit bureaus of efficiency in Chicago and Milwaukee are at the Chicago Historical Society and the Milwaukee County Historical Society respectively.
  • Interviews conducted for my 2010 book on President Nixon’s super-secretaries are at the Nixon Presidential Library in Yorba Linda (CA). They are located in the Small Deeded Collections.