Welcome to Sergey Kravtsov’s WWW site. This site contains information about his research and teaching activities.
News & Events
- Kravtsov gives an invited talk at the International Symposium “Topical Problems of Nonlinear Wave Physics,” September 19–22, 2021, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
- Kravtsov gives an invited talk at a meeting of the Greater Milwaukee Chapter of the American Meteorological Society (Winter 2020)
- Kravtsov returns to Sea Atmosphere Interaction and Climate Laboratory during his sabbatical (Fall 2018)
- Kravtsov’s research is highlighted in a recent media coverage of the global warming
- Kravtsov recently co-organizes a session at the 2017 joint AGU/JpGU meeting (AM1, AM2, PM1, PO1), a session at the International Symposium on Topical Problems in Nonlinear Wave Physics, as well as a session at the 2018 EGU meeting.
- Kravtsov leads a discussion at UWM on the role of models and observations in climate research.
- Kravtsov highlights recent results on the “stadium wave” at reanalyses.org.
- Kravtsov et al. (2014) paper as discussed at Judith Curry’s blog.
- Kravtsov collaborates with AIR Worldwide on a project to apply empirical stochastic modeling for regional climate risk assessment.
- Kravtsov gets certified in online and blended teaching.
- Kravtsov visits Sea Atmosphere Interaction and Climate Laboratory during his sabbatical (Fall 2011).