Walk 4 – Building 2
Click on Pictures to Enlarge
St. James Episcopal Church
833 West Wisconsin Avenue
Architects: Edward Townsend Mix 1867
St. James Episcopal Church was designed in the Gothic Revival style. It was constructed of buff-colored dolomitic Wauwatosa Limestone. It is likely that the quarry was the Story Brothers Quarry, which was the only commercial quarry in operation at the time. The quarry was located in present Bluff Park, north of Miller Park. The color, texture, and graining of this limestone provide a contrast with that of the Public Library.