Research Assistantships

The Child Stress and Coping Lab at UWM is looking for motivated undergraduate students interested in helping with research. Working as a research assistant is a great way to get research experience if you are interested in applying to graduate school. Our lab conducts research addressing issues related to the coping and adaptation of children and families experiencing extreme stress, such as pediatric chronic illness.

Past undergraduate research assistants in the Child Stress and Coping Lab have participated in literature reviews, data entry, database management, data analysis, and coding of qualitative data. Undergraduate research assistants may also have the opportunity to collaborate on conference poster presentations. Undergraduate research assistants are also encouraged to attend regional conferences. Commonly, they attend the Midwestern Psychological Association conference in Chicago, IL, and/or the UWM Undergraduate Research Symposium.

In order to be a research assistant, students must be responsible, reliable, and be willing to commit an average of 10 hours per week for at least 2 semesters. Course credit may be available for your time. Positions are available year-round, including over the summer.

If you are interested, please email Dr. W. Hobart Davies at

Skip to toolbar