Welcome to the UWM Child Stress and Coping Lab (CSCL) webpage! Our lab is led by W. Hobart Davies, PhD (email@example.com), and is within the Psychology Department at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Our lab broadly conducts research addressing issues related to the coping and adaptation of children and families experiencing extreme stress, such as pediatric chronic illness.
On this website you can find information on ongoing research projects, current and past students, recent student publications and posters, and resources for becoming a member of the lab!
Note: We are accepting Clinical Psychology Doctorate Applications for the Child Stress and Coping Lab for the 2023-2024 school year. Please see the Psychology Department Website for more information: https://uwm.edu/psychology/graduate/phd-program/clinical-psychology/
Good News in CSCL:
- Welcome to our newest lab members, Lubna Barakat (Clinical Psychology PhD Program) and Josie Carballido (Health Psychology Master’s Program)!
- Amy Lang will be completing her postdoctoral fellowship at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center in the Center for Adherence and Self-Management, Division of Behavioral Medicine and Clinical Psychology!
- Nina Linneman will be completing her postdoctoral fellowship at Medical College of Wisconsin/Children’s Wisconsin in Hematology, Oncology, and Blood and Marrow Transplant!
- Paulina Lim will be completing her predoctoral internship at University of Washington School of Medicine Psychology Internship Program in the General Child Track!
- Paulina Lim presented in the symposium titled “Working with Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Patients and Families Across Settings: Considerations and Implications” at SPPAC (April 2022)!
- The poster “‘You Learn to Focus on What’s Really Important’: Coping among Parents of Children with Medical Complexity”, authored by Julia Tager, Ansley Kenney, Paulina Lim, and Hobey Davies (among other co-authors) received a Poster Award from the SPP Caregiver Wellbeing SIG! (April 2022)
- Ansley Kenney was awarded the UWM Distinguished Graduate Student Fellowship for 2022-23! (February 2022)
- Katie Balistreri was awarded the UWM Distinguished Dissertation Fellowship for 2022-23! (February 2022)
- Welcome to our newest lab members, Mady Johnson and Kevin Berridge! (August 2021)