Tayler Drew

BA, Art (Design Studies)

Reimagining Oggie’s explores how Oggie’s Kitchen and Bar can be redesigned with a User Experience Design approach, in efforts to enhance guest experiences. I had an eye-opening moment sometime in 2021 after taking a number of classes centered around the interface. As someone who dines frequently and also works at a hotel, I realized there is a bridge between UX Design and Hospitality. UX Design is focused on anticipating needs and desires and accommodating them. Hospitality has the same focus. People who consider interior design to play a huge role in their dining experience, like myself, are those I hope to speak to in this project. Using SketchUp, a three-dimensional modeling software, I have
considered the five planes of User Experience, which are strategy, scope, structure, skeleton, and surface, as a process that could support my design of Oggie’s. Jesse James’ The Elements Of User
Experience has been a huge inspiration and influence on how to approach this project. Their book has helped me to see how the five planes process can be used in many areas or disciplines. As I’ve travelled through this project, I’ve come to see that this work is about investigating a design process as a solution for human-centered architectural design.