Stephanie Leader

BA, Art (Studio Arts – Ceramics)

I am an artist working in ceramics with a specific interest in sculpting. My work is a culmination of my passion for art history and my skills as a sculptor. I create ceramic animal sculptures that are expressive and energetic. As a ceramic sculptor, I do have some limits when it comes to size, so because of the scale, I am able to put a lot of detail into my work. While looking at my art, you can see the lively sculpted marks and texture, enhancing the character of the animal.  I enjoy making them because they bring joy and smiles to people’s faces as well as provide an outlet for me to express my feelings. My interest in art history lies within ancient Mediterranean art and it’s a huge part of my work and of myself as an artist and art historian. I gain inspiration from this art as well as from many contemporary ceramic artists. Drawing from these sources, I turn my inspiration into my own unique animal sculptures, a combination of new and ancient ideas; blending my interests into one cohesive piece of art.