Sora Kim

BA Art (Design Studies)

Online Portfolio

I have been interested in typography, color combinations, and graphics for a long time. This naturally drew me into the product package design. The design elements that constitute a product fascinate me. Whenever I have to decide between things that are more useful and worth their price, and the ones that are aesthetic, I go for the latter. A design is a deciding factor while purchasing things for me. As an artist, I consider shelf appearance the most important thing. How a product is displayed, and how significant they are on the shelf are the things that make people recognize a product. I try to create designs that catch the attention of the viewers.  

Animal welfare has been an important topic to me ever since I was very young. Especially adopting a dog myself last year made me pay attention to this issue. Many of the animals are abused, given up by their owners, and abandoned. I tried to incorporate real stories of the animals at the shelter and promote their adoption. For this project, I created an imaginary organization called Paw Project. I have created their logo and I have the mock-ups of their merchandise. I also have satirical posters, through which I hope to create awareness on animal shelter cruelty, animal overpopulation, and have adoption promotional posters, which will emphasize the importance of adoption. Through this project, I hope to promote adoption and decrease the number of unwanted pets.