Gleb Murashka

BA, Art (Digital Fabrication and Design)

Artist Statement

I have been interested in art for as long as I remember, from sketches to full works as a child I was always creating things in my mind and on paper. This has led me to the field of digital fabrication and design which has been my focus as a student moving through the university system. What I hope to accomplish with my art is to combine the world of digital design with the physical world, I do this through many ways such as mixing new mediums such as 3D printing and laser cutting with more traditional mediums such as painting and drawing, what this allows for is the combinations and exhibition of these multiple artforms and how they may work together to create cohesive and riveting work.

I have always been interested in the world around me and as such many of my designs focus on depictions of the real world around us but in a form that is not usually used. From vinyl and laser cutting to 3d printing and CNC Milling technology has become a part of our daily lives, so it would only make sense that it becomes a part of our art as well.