Chenxin Sun

BA, Art (Studio Arts – Digital Fabrication)

1138306529@qq.com

Installation Art

With the continuous development of humanity, the Earth’s environment has also suffered significant damage. Global warming has destroyed the habitats of many animals, especially polar bears. Climate change has accelerated the melting rate of sea ice in the Arctic region, leading to polar bear hunger and malnutrition. Therefore, I created a scene where my audience not only sees the beauty of the Arctic, but also wants to intuitively see the negative impact of global warming on polar bears which makes them feel heartbroken and encourages them to take action to address the climate change crisis. In my work, I use wood and plastic, and combine handicrafts and machines to symbolize tradition and modernity. At the same time, wood and handicrafts imply the vibrant Arctic that was unaffected by global warming 100 years ago, while plastic and machinery imply the weakly Arctic today. Finally, the work I present is not a single one, but a combination of multiple processes and materials. For example, wood joints, epoxy resin and UV curing printing. Because diverse materials and processing methods can provide me with more creative space, thereby increasing the aesthetics of my work.