Ahmad Assabbagh

BA, Art (Studio Arts-Digital)

As a designer, I want to evoke emotions that can lead to awareness about Schizophrenia, a disease that tends to have an altered perception of reality. For example, they may hear or see things that don’t exist, speak in confusing ways, believe that others are trying to harm them or feel like they’re being constantly
watched. My work will reflect the experiences of the struggle with that disease and highlight artists who happen to have this disease and manage thoughts through art.

I primarily work with p5js, a library for Javascript where you can create abstract shapes to create dynamic and immersive compositions.

What I will be creating for my art design pieces will be an audio-visual sound that will show how people with Schizophrenia deal with this disease. Others will be inspired by artists who happened to have this disease, like Yayoi Kusama. Ultimately, my goal as an artist is to create work inviting viewers to engage with their emotions, perspectives, and curiosities. Art can bridge divides, inspire empathy, and foster a deeper understanding of the world we inhabit.