POD Teacher Workshops Help Teachers…
- Develop new and enhance existing lessons and student learning through Geospatial Inquiry.
- Engage students in 21st century skills (critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity)
- Promote student awareness of careers in geospatial technologies.
- Develop and practice ArcGIS Online.
- Refine pedagogical skills.
- Build a network of professional resources.
You will be paid to participate in the POD Teacher Workshops!
- [amount yet to be determined] for attendance and submission of a lesson plan
POD Teacher Workshops Help Students…
POD Teacher Workshops enhance your existing lessons through Geospatial Inquiry.
Your students gain:
- Opportunities to engage in collaborative Geospatial Inquiry for a purpose: to answer a question, solve a problem, or explain phenomena.
- Exposure to exciting geospatial technology careers
- Employable skills:
- Critical thinking and data analysis
- Communicating with data
- Arguing from evidence and justifying claims
- Presenting and responding to feedback
- Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology