Undergraduate Research Assistants

Halle Berres

I am an undergraduate at UW-Milwaukee pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, with minors in Spanish and Information Science and Technology. After graduation, I hope to further my education and obtain a PhD in Clinical Psychology with a concentration in Neuropsychology. As a research assistant, I run the study sessions using EEG and eye-tracker technology, as well as help with administrative work to prepare for sessions and communicate with participants. My involvement in the lab has provided me with an opportunity to expand my knowledge of psychological research and dive deeper into the field.

Megan Belaney

I am currently an undergraduate sophomore Research Assistant pursuing a bachelor’s degree in psychology. After undergraduate school, I plan on continuing my education to receive a PhD in clinical psychology. I hope that by being in this lab I can more experience with research and the field of psychology. I am looking forward to a more hands-on learning experience as well as building relationships within the field.

Kai Moon

I will be graduating this semester from UWM with a degree in Sociology and a minor in Psychology. The Anxiety Disorder Laboratory has helped prepared me for my future academic and career life by offering me opportunities for discernment. By exposing me to the research side of the psychology field, I have a clearer understanding of what I wish to pursue in the future. After graduation, I plan to go into human resources and eventually come back to graduate school to earn a psychology or sociology degree. Although I am not immediately pursing a typical “psychology path,” I will be able to take what I learned in the lab about the research process and directly apply that in business.

Alexandra Mineau

I am currently a Junior at UW-Milwaukee in the Psychology program. After graduation, I plan on continuing my education to receive either a Ph.D. or a Psy.D. in clinical psychology. The Anxiety Disorder laboratory has exposed me to the research side of psychology and has helped cement the path I wish to take. The experience here has reiterated that I want to be in the psychology field for the rest of my career.

Jack Loomis

I am an undergraduate junior student currently pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in psychology. I am planning on furthering my education at graduate school to pursue a career in counseling. The UWM anxiety lab has allowed me to further my interest in psychology and give me hands on experience with working in this field. I am excited to take what I learn here and apply it to my own practice and schoolwork.

Christopher Lueck

I am a junior pursing my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Philosophy with the goal of attending a doctorate program for counseling psychology. As a research assistant, I am responsible for interacting with participants, setting up the EEG equipment, and recording EEG data. While I’m not necessarily planning to go into a clinical or research setting after graduation, I welcome the opportunity to experience the biological side of psychology and how anxiety can physically affect us as well as provide indicators for more effective treatment. I chose the anxiety lab not only for the experience but because anxiety has been a personal motivating factor in my decision to pursue a career in psychology and I look forward to the day I can contribute to the field of mental health and promote a less anxious world.

Lab Alumni (in alphabetic order)

Adriana Alexis Abud

Sarah  Bodhy

Stephanie Brooks

Caed Budris

Shannon Cavanaugh

Ryan Abdallah Conrad

Rebecca Greskoviak

Tien Kolodziej

Carli Kugel

Sarah Lehman

Caitlin Michalski

Rin Nguyen

Ashna Pandya

Erin Peterson

Madeline Rech

Marie Rose Yaroch

Paola  Zhaka