Undergraduate Research Assistants

Halle Berres

I am an undergraduate at UW-Milwaukee pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, with minors in Spanish and Information Science and Technology. After graduation, I hope to further my education and obtain a PhD in Clinical Psychology with a concentration in Neuropsychology. As a research assistant, I run the study sessions using EEG and eye-tracker technology, as well as help with administrative work to prepare for sessions and communicate with participants. My involvement in the lab has provided me with an opportunity to expand my knowledge of psychological research and dive deeper into the field.

Megan Blaney

I am an undergraduate student at UW-Milwaukee pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in psychology. After my time as an undergraduate, I plan to further my education in forensic psychology. As a research assistant, I communicate with participants, as well as help with running EEG sessions and collecting EEG data. The Anxiety Disorders Lab has provided me with the opportunity to learn more about psychology using a hands-on approach. I am thrilled to be using what I learn from this lab in my schoolwork and future career.

Henry Berger

I am an undergraduate student at UWM, pursuing a degree in psychology, with a minor in sociology, and an undergraduate certificate in quantitative social data analysis. In the Anxiety Disorders Lab, my responsibilities as a research assistant include conducting data collection via phone interviews with participants, determining participant eligibility for involvement in the social anxiety training project, as well as scheduling participants for training and assessment sessions. My experiences in the lab are preparing me for a research-oriented Ph.D. program in clinical psychology, which I aim to attend after graduation.

Ariel Fountain

I am an undergraduate student at the University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee, pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. After graduating, I am planning on furthering my education with a masters or doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology. I am a research assistant for the FRIT project, and within in that I will be assisting in data collection and participant visits. My involvement in the lab has helped me gain practical research experience that will help me in graduate school and in my career.

Alexandra Mineau

I am a senior at UW-Milwaukee pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. After graduation, I plan to take a gap year to work full-time in a lab and mental health before I pursue a graduate degree in Clinical Psychology. As a research assistant, I run the study sessions using EEG technology, and I help with administrative work to prepare for sessions. The Anxiety Disorders Lab has given me many valuable opportunities and experiences. Every day I am excited to come into the lab, learn more and apply this experience to my future career and coursework.

Madelyn Miller 

I am an undergraduate student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, with a minor in Counseling. After I graduate, I plan to further my education and obtain a master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling. As a research assistant, I work on the Stop Signal Task Study, and I complete data analyses and help to find other measures related to this study and intimate partner violence. Working in the Anxiety Disorders Lab has given me experience with tools and processes that will be beneficial to furthering me in my future education and career.

Reagan Kunesh

Reagan is an undergraduate research assistant for the fRIT study in the Anxiety Disorders Lab. She is a Junior at UW-Milwaukee, pursuing a B.A in Psychology. Her research interests include anxiety, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and Trichotillomania. After she graduates, she wants to obtain a master’s degree in either Clinical Psychology or Clinical Mental Health Counseling. With her Master’s, she hopes to become a psychotherapist. Reagan has gained hands-on experience in the field of Psychology by working in the Anxiety Disorders Lab. The skills and experiences she has gained from the lab will help her in graduate school and her future courses.

Jack Loomis

I am an undergraduate junior student currently pursuing a Bachelor of Arts in psychology. I am planning on furthering my education at graduate school to pursue a career in counseling. The UWM anxiety lab has allowed me to further my interest in psychology and give me hands on experience with working in this field. I am excited to take what I learn here and apply it to my own practice and schoolwork.

Christopher Lueck

I am a senior pursuing my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Philosophy with the goal of attending a master’s program for clinical psychology. As a research assistant, I am responsible for interacting with participants, setting up the EEG equipment, and recording EEG data. While I’m not necessarily planning to go into a clinical or research setting after graduation, I welcome the opportunity to experience the biological side of psychology and how anxiety can physically affect us as well as provide indicators for more effective treatment. I chose the anxiety lab not only for the experience but because anxiety has been a personal motivating factor in my decision to pursue a career in psychology and I look forward to the day I can contribute to the field of mental health and promote a less anxious world.

Lab Alumni (in alphabetic order)

Adriana Alexis Abud

Sarah  Bodhy

Stephanie Brooks

Caed Budris

Shannon Cavanaugh

Ryan Abdallah Conrad

Rebecca Greskoviak

Tien Kolodziej

Carli Kugel

Sarah Lehman

Caitlin Michalski

Kai Moon

Rin Nguyen

Ashna Pandya

Erin Peterson

Madeline Rech

Marie Rose Yaroch

Paola  Zhaka