Through funding by the National Science Foundation, GO FoRWARD provides first and second year undergraduate students from groups underrepresented in geosciences a paid opportunity during the summer to learn about the geosciences discipline and its career opportunities. There are experiences throughout the academic year to maintain the GO FoRWARD community.
Students in GO FoRWARD will get to:
- Learn about the geosciences in a fun atmosphere.
- Conduct research in the geosciences.
- Meet working geoscientists to learn about their careers.
- Experience one-on-one academic mentoring from faculty and geoscience students.
- Create friendships.
- Join a supportive academic community.
- Earn a $2000 stipend.
During the summer GO FoRWARD program participants:
- Conduct original research projects mentored by geosciences faculty and students,
- Visit geoscientist employers,
- Become part of an inclusive community of geoscientists with similar lived experiences.
The GO FoRWARD summer program will be July 1 – July 25, 2019. Priority application deadline has been extended to April 30, 2019. After that date, applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis as space allows. The 2019 summer program is filled and no longer accepting applicants. Please email us if you would like to be involved in geosciences at UWM through research or classes!
Submit your application here!