GO FoRWARD is a program offered through UWM’s Department of Geosciences. Through funding by the National Science Foundation, GO FoRWARD provides first and second year undergraduate students from groups underrepresented in geosciences a paid opportunity during the summer to learn about the geosciences discipline and its career opportunities. There are experiences throughout the academic year to maintain the GO FoRWARD community.
Students in GO FoRWARD will get to:
- Learn about the geosciences in a fun atmosphere.
- Conduct research in the geosciences.
- Meet working geoscientists to learn about their careers.
- Experience one-on-one academic mentoring from faculty and geoscience students.
- Create friendships.
- Join a supportive academic community.
- Earn a $2000 stipend.
During the summer GO FoRWARD program participants:
- Conduct original research projects mentored by geosciences faculty and students
- Visit geoscientist employers
- Become part of an inclusive community of geoscientists with similar lived experiences
The summer program is back in 2022! Application information here.
We are reviewing applications now, but there is still time to apply! Applications are being considered until spaces are full. Apply today!
If you are interested in getting involved with Geosciences research or career programs, please email Dyanna Czeck (email@example.com), and she will help you find opportunities.