- 2019. Ellipsis licensing via alternatives. Ms., UWM.
- 2019. Nominal quantifiers in than clauses and degree questions. Forthcoming in Degree and Quantification (Syntax and Semantics series), ed. by Peter Hallman.
- 2019. Calculating the scope of negation. Interaction of negation with quantifiers. Forthcoming in The Oxford Handbook of Negation, ed. by Viviane Déprez and M. Teresa Espinal.
- 2018. Than clauses as embedded questions. In Proceedings of SALT 28, ed. by Sireemas Maspong, Brynhildur Stefánsdóttir, Katherine Blake and Forrest Davis, 120–140.
- 2016. Comparing theories of quantifiers in than clauses: Lessons from downward-entailing differentials. Semantics and Pragmatics 9(4).
- 2015. Ellipsis licensing in differential degree complements. In Proceedings of NELS 45, vol. 1, ed. by Thuy Bui and Deniz Özyıldız, 203–216. Amherst, Mass.: GLSA.
- 2015. Rare-class adjectives in the tough-construction. Language 91: 73–108.
- 2015. Comparative quantifiers and negation: Implications for Scope Economy. Journal of Semantics 32: 139–171.
- 2013. The dynamics of subjectivity. In Proceedings of SALT 23, ed. by Todd Snider, 276–294.
- 2013. On the absence of scope reconstruction in tough-subject A-chains. Linguistic Inquiry 44: 321–332. (©2013 MIT)
- 2011. Attributive adjectives, infinitival relatives, and the semantics of inappropriateness. Journal of Linguistics 47: 341–380.
- 2009. Positive standards of comparison. In Proceedings of NELS 38, vol. 1, ed. by Anisa Schardl, Martin Walkow, and Muhammad Abdurrahman, 283–296. Amherst, Mass.: GLSA.
- 2008. Passive get, causative get, and the phasehood of passive vP. In Proceedings of CLS 41 (2005). Chicago: Chicago Linguistic Society.
- 2008. A crack at a hard nut: Attributive-adjective modality and infinitival relatives. In Proceedings of WCCFL 26, ed. by Charles B. Chang and Hannah J. Haynie. Somerville, Mass.: Cascadilla Proceedings Project.
- 2006. The origin of passive get. English Language and Linguistics 10: 225–252.
- 2006. Russian dative subjects, case, and control. Ms., University of California, Berkeley. 38 pp.
- 2005. Preservation of the marked in vowel reharmonization. In Proceedings of NELS 35, vol. 1, ed. by Leah Bateman and Cherlon Ussery, 201–215. Amherst, Mass.: GLSA.
Handouts/slides/work in progress:
- 2017. On compulsory binding in strict readings. Ms., UWM. (superseded by this)
- 2016. Ellipsis licensing via alternatives. Invited talk at SSWAMP 2016, Northwestern University. [slides (PDF)] (superseded by this)
- 2008. Adjectives and infinitives in composition. Ph.D. dissertation, University of California, Berkeley.