The bike lab had a good showing at the 2019 UWM Healthy People on a Healthy Planet Conference. Philip Van Asten and Tim Wegehaupt explained:
- Cycling is good for people and the planet. It addresses several of the UNSDGs. The more people cycling, the better.
- Not everyone is able to participate, especially with upright bicycles. People with joint or nerve damage.
- Recumbent bicycles and tricycles address some of the issues with uprights, but introduce problems of their own.
- We have discovered a way to combine recumbent bicycles and recumbent tricycles that preserves their strengths and eliminates some of their drawbacks: the PantherTrike.
- How the PantherTrike works.